Natural Soy Candle Care Tips
Here are some simple candle care tips to ensure you get the most out of your Natural Soy Candle. Following these simple tips will ensure you get the strongest scent throw and longest burn for your candles.
Before you light your candle for the first time
- Trim wick to 5 mm before each burn to promote an even burn, steady flame and limit sooting/mushrooming of wick.
- Keep the wax pool free of wick trimmings, matches and debris at all times.
- Please read the warning label on your candle! Ensure candle is on a safe none flammable surface, out of reach of children with no other hazards around. Do not leave burning candles unattended.
The first time burning
- When lighting for the first time burn until wax melts across entire surface to the sides of vessel (this prevents tunnelling, and creates an even burn for the duration of the candle’s ‘life’) This may take up to 2-4 hours.
- If soot forms on the inside of vessel, extinguish candle, wait for it to cool, then wipe with a clean damp cloth. Trim wick and relight.
- Extinguish candle with a snuffer, or dip wick into melted wax and then straighten wick to prevent smoking and also prevent hot wax from splattering. Do not blow out.
Scent Throw and Burn Times
- Draughts decrease burn time, cause uneven burning, smoking and diminished scent throw.
- Efficient burning means flame is not flickering, teardrop shaped and upright.
- Extinguish a candle if it smokes, flickers, or the flame becomes too high. These signs indicate the candle is not burning properly and the flame isn’t controlled. Let the candle cool, trim the wick, then check for drafts before re-lighting.
- Maximising scent throw – open windows/doors will disperse scent. For maximum fragrance keep closed and burn in desired space for 30 mins before entering.
Candle Care and Cleaning
- Always store your candles in a cool, dark and dry place. Scented candles also look great stored under a glass cloche, which also protects from dust
- Avoid placing your candles where they will be directly exposed to sunlight or harsh indoor lighting, such as a spotlights
- You can remove dust and fingerprints from a candle by gently rubbing the surface with a piece of nylon or a soft cloth. The cloth can be dry or slightly dampened with water.
All candles come with detailed care instructions included.