Our sense of smell
Smell… One of the all important 5 senses, not to be taken for granted. I know two people who can’t smell, imagine that! It would be great if something smelt bad, but missing out on all the good smells would be terrible.
1) Did you know studies say women have a better sense of smell than men.
2) Smells you like make you happier, so always keep your favourite scents nearby.
3) Smell has a very powerful link to memory and links to the emotional regions of the brain more directly than other senses.
4) The sense of smell is the first of all our senses to develop. Even before we are born, our sense of smell is fully formed and functioning.
5) Smell is the most sensitive of the senses. People can remember smells with 65% accuracy after a year, while visual recall is about 50% after three months.